In gearing up for my most recent wedding season I wanted to reflect on all the couples I've met so far (5 years worth!)- all seem so different not just in the wedding day details but personalities. When potential couples inquire with me I try my best to have the first interaction/consultation with them face-to-face (hopefully in person, but usually via face time). I know in this age no one like talking on the phone and texting is the preferred method or even email but I find this time crucial. It is important to get a feel for your wedding photographer and no pun intended, click with them. I am there the whole day not only taking photos but telling your story and the details of the day. If we don't get along (I have a good track record though) then the whole day could be uncomfortable.
I pride myself on being very communicative with my couples. I am a former bride and now being in the industry I have seen a lot in my few short years capturing weddings. I've seen intimate weddings with 7 people as well as 200+ in various venues including mountain parks, breweries and elegant ballrooms.
You might be a #marielocouple if you:
- Love pretty details but aren't caught up in having everything perfect
- Don't mind getting your dress dirty if it mean an epic shot
- If Joanna and Chip are relationship goals
- Will get goofy with me and bear witness at my dance moves
- Quote random movies & tv shows -- especially Parks & Rec
- Are getting married to your favorite person
- Including your fur kids in your big day is important