The season is starting soon and I wanted to provide a resource to you readers if you need help figuring out what to wear during your session. First thing I want you to know is to be comfortable. Comfort is the key to not only feeling natural in the photo but just You want to feel like you and your fiancé should too!
- Make sure you choose clothes you feel the most yourself in. Make sure they aren’t bulky or ill fitted. You want to feel comfortable, so choose an outfit that fits your personality.
- Spice it up! These professional photos may very well be the last before your wedding day, so make them count by wearing statement pieces or sentimental accessories.
- Make sure your outfits match the style of the location you’ve chosen for your shoot. For example: flowy dresses for the beach, boots and long sleeve for fall woods, or jeans and a t-shirt for a park.
- Avoid white (it can wash you out) and blacks (can be harsh for lighting) also busy prints, logos or shiny fabrics.
- Coordinating outfits are great, however avoid getting too matchy. Colors should compliment! Hint: compliment each other with accessories or similar color palette.
- Bring an emergency layer (a nice cardigan/jacket) in case the weather isn’t as nice as you’d like it to be!
Some couples bring a fancy dressed up option and a more casual choice so you have two different looks and more portrait options.