Welcome welcome to a new series I wanted to start this year Mariel Monthly! I don't know about you but I feel that the start of the year means starting fresh. This updated blog launched last year and I made some minor tweaks for the start of this year. Now 2019 I did manage to highlight my couples and their special wedding days/sessions, but for this year I am stepping up my game....
Blog every week on Wednesdays. To adjust the infamous quote from Mean Girls (pretty heavily)-- On Wednesdays We Blog! I sure hope that you continue to follow along more frequently.
So what happened this first month of 2020:
- got some fantastic Christmas gifts including a stand up desk! You guys this is a game changer for my business. If you don't have one get one it now means I can spend time at my computer but not hunched over it in an editing hole. I can stand and move around which is going to save how I feel since I sit all day during the week at my full time job
- As far as resolutions go I tend to make small goals each month, that way I am not overwhelmed with change but by December I have a bunch of habits piled up. For example: I start with a base goal like take the stairs everyday for January. Then I do that goal plus another like, read a couple of chapters in a book during February. So far so good.
- The biggest thing that's happened is starting school. If you guys didn't know, I work a full time job in higher education. At my college they provide most of the tuition covered for their employees. This was an opportunity I just couldn't pass up. The formal name of my degree plan is Higher Education Administration Certificate - which will take up about a year to accomplish. I am excited to learn more about the industry I am in since it's taken me a long time to find a career path that I really enjoy. The work will be worth it and makes me more relateable to the students I help.
- Time with friends included a night at a brewery that used to be an old Post Office. I love going to unique places. We also went to see Bad Boys for Life, which turned out to be super enjoyable even though I saw the first movie and about half of the second. My friend loves these movies and it was fun to see him so excited and happy!
- We got a new sofa! It is the first phase of probably 3 in the update of home projects. The other two is to paint and flooring which I will write about as we do it. But we found that we are such sectional people. I enjoy sprawling on the couch with my dogs and relax. The separate sofa/loveseat just wasn't doing it for us. We also love to entertain and have people all be able to sit at once. Just in time for the Superbowl next month!
- I also got acupuncture for the very first time. I've heard so many great things about what it does for others, I wanted to give it a try. It was a positive experience and I can excited to keep trying. Needles don't bother me and overall it was just a tingle sensation and then a nice rush of calm throughout my whole body. Sorry I didn't have a photo of it sticking from my face!
We did get about 3 inches of snow and Michael got to use the new snowblower we got. So far this winter has been mild - even though the temps keep fluctuating to extremes. I mean 60 degrees one weekend to about 20 degrees two days later. I've grown up in New England and this is just how it is here.
Old vs. New